While this topic might sound like the title of one of Freud's oh so soporific books, I guess we all dream, atleast those who sleep. In this category we have in order of sleeping time - the insomniacs, the 3 hour a day sleeprs, wet sleepers, the dry sleepers, the night sleepers, the day sleepers, the perpetual sleepers, the unsomniacs, the dead !

Well then, if u happen to belong to any of the categories I stated above and arent too sleepy to write a few words on what you dream then lets get started.

Give 3 dreams that u have had personally and found most intriguing and along with each include a small possible explanation that you think made you dream that dream. If u cant think of any explanantion then use ur imagination and make one up.

Remember 3 dreams only and make it short and if possible funny.

P.S. - PLEASE DONT GIVE ANY OF THOSE SCIENTIFIC FRUEDIAN EXPLANATIONS OR 'HISTORY OF DREAMS' OR 'CONSIPRACY OF THE DREAMING MUMMIES' OR SOMETHING THAT MAKES ME SLEEP AND NOT READ UR POST AT ALL.

I have no interest in ur obscene and wet dreams too. Keep them to urself please and keep this thread clean.

1. Dream of falling - I suspect this is the one of the most common to all people. I have had this one whenver I had a crush and found myself unable to tell it to her(s).

2. Dream of Fighting an alien in a wrestling match - Believe me I ave had this one more than once ! Well I think it came when I was a kid and my elder bro used to bully me too much.

3. Dream of not being able to study and failing exam next day - On this one i agree with Freud who says it comes to you when u have some impending responsibility. Well, when I got my first job offer I found myself in one of these.


According to science:

dreams are a natural way to cure and heal our mental injuries or emotional issues..........it is similar to the production of pain relieving chemicals in our body when we suffer immense physical injuries(eg. you must have seen that mostly people go unconscious the moment they recieve a tremendous physical injury... this is the pure reflex action of brain to coop the pain) .....in the same way dreams are produced to relax our emotional pains, etc

i have seen few documentaries on this topic.......and they explained the whole experiments that proved it.....


Singer Paul McCartney Finds "Yesterday" In a Dream
Paul McCartney Finds "Yesterday" In a Dream:

Paul McCartney is one of the most famous singer/ songwriters of all time. According to the Guinness Book of Records, his Beatles song "Yesterday" (1965) has the most cover versions of any song ever written and, according to record label BMI, was performed over seven million times in the 20th century. The tune for "Yesterday" came to Paul McCartney in a dream.

On 2nd Jan 2007 Demise of My GrandFather
Few Days back before my Granpa's demise he saw
"A sanke cut into two pieces with blood" he told it to grand ma but she ignored
who knows dreams can be and indication toooo.


Abraham Lincoln Dreamt of His Assassination
President Abraham Lincoln recounted the following dream to his wife just a few days prior to his assassination:

"About ten days ago, I retired very late. I had been up waiting for important dispatches from the front. I could not have been long in bed when I fell into a slumber, for I was weary.
I soon began to dream.

There seemed to be a death-like stillness about me. Then I heard subdued sobs, as if a number of people were weeping. I thought I left my bed and wandered downstairs. There the silence was broken by the same pitiful sobbing, but the mourners were invisible. I went from room to room; no living person was in sight, but the same mournful sounds of distress met me as I passed along. It was light in all the rooms; every object was familiar to me; but where were all the people who were grieving as if their hearts would break?

I was puzzled and alarmed. What could be the meaning of all this? Determined to find the cause of a state of things so mysterious and so shocking, I kept on until I arrived at the East Room, which I entered. There I met with a sickening surprise. Before me was a catafalque, on which rested a corpse wrapped in funeral vestments. Around it were stationed soldiers who were acting as guards; and there was a throng of people, some gazing mournfully upon the corpse whose face was covered, others weeping pitifully.

'Who is dead in the White House?' I demanded of one of the soldiers "The President" was his answer; "he was killed by an assassin!" Then came a loud burst of grief form the crowd, which awoke me from my dream."


"I had a dream last night; and ever since this war began I have had the same dream just before every event of great national importance. It portends some important event that will happen very soon."


His friend and law partner, Ward Hill Lamon, noted that Byron's "The Dream" was one of Lincoln's favorite poems and he often heard him repeat the following lines:

Sleep hath its own world,
A boundary between the things misnamed
Death and existence: Sleep hath its own world,
And a wide realm of wild reality,
And dreams in their development have breath,
And tears, and tortures, and the touch of joy;
They leave a weight upon our waking thoughts,
They take a weight from off waking toils,
They do divide our being;



Dream are productive, if u really interpret 'em right.. i mean almost right. a nightmare to be precise can give a deeper insight in ur inner self ..giving u an approx. idea of wat bothers u.sometimes ,to our amazement, they can "show" u the solution as well!!so keep a good track of those scarry ones...
have fun

so if u get frequent nightmares n they really, really leave u petrified n scared to death ..then here's a solution for it-
U CAN ACTUALLY MODIFY UR DREAMS EVEN WHEN UR A ASLEEP...VOILA!!!

n it really works.. n the credibilty is that i did it fr myself! without really knowing wat the heck i was actually doin' wit myself.

so if u think ther's sth like a monster,animal,or u r falling in a dark dark pit, or some of ur fears hv takes some weird shape n they wud gulp u down in one go then do wat..jst think that the monster was nothing but ur friend was playing a prank on u, posing as a monster, wehn u are falling u'll fall on bed with black bedcovers in a dark room n the moment u hit lights switch on,etc, watever that soothes u down n relaxes u n u dont feel scared. n u do tat all while u are asleep ...it can be anything. can be a total change in the location, ppl, environs , anything that u want to change that appears familiar n not at all scary...after all it a dream

for instance another eg wud go as , the most common, failing an exam or reaching late or on the wrong day, so all u hv to do is think or dream to be correct that the exam got postponed tho u reached late, on the worng day or it was jst not that an imp exam n u never cared fr such follies these schools nowadays come up with, commonly known as unit tests.;

Sounds crazy...aint it ...but u can really do it
the sleep is certainly not a sound one , that's why u get vivid dreams, of course, which give u a sense that they are actually happening. but when u will wake up u will find u are smiling rahter than scared at that smartness of urs. ..it wil take time..took me some years to realise it.. it cauhgt me unaware...
n if u are really seeking some help abt ur nightmare business i can be of help, try me..but mst tell u m not a pshyciatrist or freud thing..ths is wat i hv learnt frm my experience whc is some 15 to 16 yrs old!!

now dun think i m kiddig around...cos very few ppl get the kinda nightmares i get.
god bless

so if u get frequent nightmares n they really, really leave u petrified n scared to death ..then here's a solution for it-
U CAN ACTUALLY MODIFY UR DREAMS EVEN WHEN UR A ASLEEP...VOILA!!!

n it really works.. n the credibilty is that i did it fr myself! without really knowing wat the heck i was actually doin' wit myself.

so if u think ther's sth like a monster,animal,or u r falling in a dark dark pit, or some of ur fears hv taken some weird shape n they wud gulp u down in one go then do wat..jst think that the monster was nothing but ur friend playing a prank on u, posing as a monster, wehn u are falling u'll fall on bed with black bedcovers in a dark room n the moment u hit lights switch on,etc, watever that soothes u down n relaxes u n u dont feel scared. n u do tat all while u are asleep ...it can be anything. can be a total change in the location, ppl, environs , anything that u want to change that appears familiar n not at all scary...after all it a dream

for instance another eg wud go as , the most common, failing an exam or reaching late or on the wrong day, so all u hv to do is think or dream to be correct that the exam got postponed tho u reached late, on the worng day or it was jst not that an imp exam n u never cared fr such follies these schools nowadays come up with, commonly known as unit tests.

Sounds crazy...aint it ...but u can really do it
the sleep is certainly not a sound one , that's why u get vivid dreams, of course, which give u a sense that they are actually happening. but when u will wake up u will find u are smiling rahter than scared at that smartness of urs. ..it wil take time..took me some years to realise it.. it cauhgt me unaware...
n if u are really seeking some help abt ur nightmare business i can be of help, try me..but mst tell u m not a pshyciatrist or freud thing..ths is wat i hv learnt frm my experience whc is some 15 to 16 yrs old!!

now dun think i m kiddig around...cos very few ppl get the kinda nightmares i get.
god bless

Inducing controlled dreams is popularly known as Lucid dreaming and not only can you change the dream flow, you can also have the kind of dream you desire. It's like dreaming while knowing that you are dreaming.

Its good that you have had so much of experience in becoming the director of your own nightmares. However, it's certainly very interesting that you have discovered this art all to yourself without being aided by the prior knowledge of lucid induction. This makes the experience genuine to you rather than others who fake it.

And no, it doesnt sound crazy to me cause it's a completely harmless experiment which anyone interested enough can try on their own. Here help yourself -

http://www.dreamviews.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1651

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments

Recieve Jokes By Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner